Creating Modifying and Deleting Custom Views
Creating, Modifying and Deleting Custom Views
As a Community Admin, you can create custom views of a resource or document library to display items in a way that makes sense for you. You can create new views to organize and hide or show columns. One view is the default view.
‘All Documents’ has been set up by the site admins as the default view in your document library. In addition, the following views were created for you when your community was created: Recent, Videos and No folder.
Additional views you add will be available from the View options menu.
You can create a view to save different sort, filter, and grouping selections you’ve made from the column headers or filters pane. You can create custom views of libraries to organize and show items that are most important to you (like certain columns), and to add filtering or sorting.
A link to all custom views will appear in the View options menu at the top right corner of the document library page where you created the view.
You can create a personal view (that only you can see) or you can create a public view for other members of your community to see.
Set the default view for a document library
‘All Documents’ has been set up as the default view in your document library.
If your ‘All Documents’ default view does not contain the information you wish to display as your community default you can edit this view using the directions provided later in this article and then select ‘save view as’ and leave the view name as ‘All Documents’.
Create a new view based on an existing view
Create new views to organize and hide or show columns. ‘All Documents’ is your default view and can be used as a template to create additional views.
Additional views you add are available from the View options menu. You can create a view to save different sort, filter, and grouping selections you’ve made from the column headers or filters pane. The columns you’ve shown or hidden, and the column widths will also be saved with the view.
- In the command bar of your library, select ‘All Documents’.
- Click Save view as.
- Enter the name of the new custom view, and then click OK.
Modify a custom view of a document library
- Navigate to the custom view that you want to modify.
- From the drop-down list, select Edit Current View.
- Make the edits to the custom view that you want and then click OK.
- In the Audiencesection, under View Audience, select Create a Personal view or Create a Public view.
- In the Columnssection, select the columns that you want in the view and clear the columns that you don’t want to appear. Next to the column numbers, select the order that you want to columns to appear in the view.
- Change other settings for your view, such as Sort and Filter.
- After making all the changes you want, click OK. The changes you have made to your custom view will be visible.
You can also use the Quick Edit button to add columns to a custom view.
Delete a custom view of a document library
To delete a custom view of a document library, you must have library owner or admin permissions for the library where you want to delete the custom view.
- Select the view you wish to delete, and then select Edit current view.
- In the top area of the view, click Delete.
- When prompted, click OK.